Life Skills Training
Full Care Community Residential Rehabilitation (CRR) assists individuals with mental illness in developing and improving the skills necessary for independent living and community involvement.Request a Free Consultation
CareLink’s Crum Lynne Full Care CRR serves individuals who need specialized supports to achieve recovery, wellness and self-determination. The program provides assistance with basic life skills, as well as opportunities for reintegration into the community.
Torrey House specializes in working with individuals who have schizophrenia and similar serious mental illnesses. The program operates in a large group home setting where residential counselors provide 24-hour support and supervision. There are no time constraints on services; residents may stay at Torrey House until they are ready for a less structured level of care.
A Focus on Self Sufficiency
Through participation in services, CRR residents can expect to:
- Receive assistance and encouragement to meet daily living needs
- Reduce the number and frequency of hospital stays
- Increase stability in the community
- Learn about managing medication and coping strategies to minimize symptoms
- Develop necessary domestic skills for successful community living
- Be able to navigate public transportation
- Regularly participate in social and recreational activities
- Receive assistance to move to more independent community living when they are ready
- Assistance with household tasks
- Community living skills and problem-solving skills
- Medication management
- Assistance preparing nutritious meals
- Assistance with self-care and health care coordination
- Personalized service plan that identifies the interests, needs, and goals of each resident
- Individual and group training is offered in areas such as personal hygiene, health care and medication management, housekeeping, nutrition and cooking, shopping, and budgeting.
Eligibility & Service Area
CareLink currently provides services to residents of Delaware, Chester, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties in Pennsylvania, and Camden County, New Jersey, who come from a variety of admission settings, including independent living environments, homes with family, supported housing, other community service providers, state hospitals, correctional facilities, or homeless shelters. Available services vary by county and individual CareLink site.
Program participants are typically referred to our agency by county government agencies, social service providers, and health care providers. While our services are primarily funded through the offices of behavior health in the counties we serve, our Mobile Psychiatric services, Supported Living services, and Education & Employment support services are available with a private pay option to those living outside those counties.