We provide individualized employment, education, and training services to promote self-worth, the development of natural supports, and community integration. Job placement in itself is not our goal. Teaching people to help themselves by expanding their existing skills is the key to success. We use individualized career counseling and offer a variety of skills training options to teach and build needed employment and education supports.Request a Consultation
- Job-seeking skills training
- Targeted job development
- On-the-job support
- Retention assistance
- Computer lab for use on individual projects
- Tutorials on Internet basics, MS Word and Excel, Windows XP, email skills, and online employment resources
- Disability management
- Share Group – an employment and wellness peer support group
- Stress Management Group – a bi-weekly group focusing on managing stress through peer sharing, imagery, deep breathing and stretching exercises, journaling, and art therapy.
- Specialty skills workshops such as “Interviewing 101” based on feedback from participants and staff observation of need.
CareLink also offers supports for individuals with educational goals. Like individuals seeking employment, a CareLink coach will work with participants seeking educational advancement to develop a flexible, personalized, service plan.
- Completing a GED, advanced degree, certificate program, or technical school
- Identifying job-specific training
- Navigating financial aid options
- Admission applications
- Connecting with natural supports on campus
- Tutoring support and accommodations
Eligibility & Service Area
CareLink currently provides services to residents of Delaware, Chester, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties in Pennsylvania, and Camden County, New Jersey, who come from a variety of admission settings, including independent living environments, homes with family, supported housing, other community service providers, state hospitals, correctional facilities, or homeless shelters. Available services vary by county and individual CareLink site.
Program participants are typically referred to our agency by county government agencies, social service providers, and health care providers. While our services are primarily funded through the offices of behavior health in the counties we serve, our Mobile Psychiatric services, Supported Living services, and Education & Employment support services are available with a private pay option to those living outside those counties.