Assessment & Forensic Services
Since 1991, CareLink has been providing services for adults with
disabilities who do not fit into existing forensic or behavioral health care
services. CareLink’s specialized services help ensure that people with
problem sexual behavior or forensic involvement get effective treatment for
improved community functioning.
Therapy & Training
Residential programs emphasize the importance of clients respecting the rights, responsibilities, and common behavioral expectations of community living while offering:
- Intensive staffing with a closely coordinated team approach to ensure consistent treatment
- Individualized relapse prevention planning
- Comprehensive assessment and treatment planning
- Closely supervised community outings
- Individual resident bedrooms
- Psychiatric counseling and rehabilitative treatment that’s specialized for the needs of people with inappropriate sexual behavior and/or other forensic issues
- Staff includes a psychiatrist and mental health professionals with expertise in drug and alcohol rehabilitation, creative arts therapy, and group therapy, as well as problem sexual behavior
- Topics addressed include anger management, sexuality, self-esteem, relapse prevention, and substance abuse issues
- The program operates Monday through Friday from 9am to 3pm, and accepts private payment and approved insurance plans, including Medicaid
Eligibility & Service Area
CareLink currently provides services to residents of Delaware, Chester, and Montgomery Counties in Pennsylvania, and Camden County, New Jersey, who come from a variety of admission settings, including independent living environments, homes with family, supported housing, other community service providers, state hospitals, correctional facilities, or homeless shelters. Available services vary by county and individual CareLink site.
Program participants are typically referred to our agency by county government agencies, social service providers, and health care providers. While our services are primarily funded through the offices of behavior health in the counties we serve, our Mobile Psychiatric services, Supported Living services, and Education & Employment support services are available with a private pay option to those living outside those counties.